Friday 2 January 2015

2015!

Bonsoir cheries!

I'm so terribly sorry for not having written any entries for a while, but you know how it is with the holidays, the one moment you're waiting for Christmas to roll by, the next it's January and you're starting to panic about the apparent loss of two weeks.

I've had a fabulous Christmas, in case you were wondering.

We have a good family tradition of spending the holidays at my grandfather's, and my Mum takes care of dinner.

We had goose this year, very Dickensian.

And of course some snow, although very very little despite it being relatively up north, and only slightly after Christmas proper had ended.

I spent the entire day in a food-and-drink coma.

And the next.

Lovely Al came up for Boxing Day, so he could meet the family properly, so we had Christmas dinner two days in a row.

I am not unhappy.

He seemed to get along well with grandfather, although my parents seem to have to take some time to warm to him.

But they will, I'm certain of it.

He stayed until New Year's, and we spent our days eating a ridiculous amount of leftovers (Mum over prepares, we both love Christmas so much) and drinking a ridiculous amount of wine and bubbly and whatever else was in my grandfather's liquor cabinet (that reminds me, next time I go up to Scotland I'm obliged to bring back a bottle of single malt). So that was lovely.

And we went for walks on Ilkley moor, which I'm quite fond of because the view of Ilkley is so beautiful and the moor seems so endless, and I wanted to see whether the stream had frozen over.

I nearly froze my fingers off, I'm sure of it, but Al was very good at warming me right back up.

But now we're back in the south, and things seems to be getting a bit complicated right now. Prism and Chasuble are starting to annoy me a little - they are too proper and too shy to actually do something about the feelings which I'm perfectly certain they have for each other. I mean, Prism seems keen enough but I'm not entirely certain whether she'd be capable of properly telling Chasuble, and Chasuble seems too dense to pick up on anything unless he is explicitly told.

Some therapist, huh.

So we're back, and all is well.

For now.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment