Friday 2 May 2014

Why?

I'm going to have to keep it short this time, what with the term drawing to an end and having to write papers.

Ugh.

I'm absolutely exhausted.

Also I talked over my grand tour idea with Mum and Dad, and surprisingly they don't seem altogether pleased about it. I don't understand - one would suppose it would be a crowning celebration of me getting my degree, right? They say it's time I found some way to support myself, or find someone to support me. Now, that's just cruel.

As though Ernest weren't there.

I still haven't found what I was looking for with my degree. What's it all for, anyway? I mean, I'll just marry Ernest and we'll live happily ever after and that's it.

Dad says I could try and find a job, but what job would I get with Art History? I mean, the Duke of Cambridge did Art History (or started out as such or somewhat or other) so why is it so hard to find a suitable job? Certainly it shouldn't be this difficult to find something to do next year.

Although I don't really understand why Dad is telling me to do this. I think it's really rather mean of him to tell me to go do something I don't like. I mean, just any sort of job, I'm not cut out for that. It's not my thing.

Jack says I should apply for grad schemes but really, it's far too late to start doing that now and besides, I don't want to. They're never any fun, I'm sure of that.

Ah, what to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment