Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Final Stretch

I AM SO STRESSED.

I am almost done with uni. It's the home stretch, the final countdown (tudu du du - tudu du du du), and I am almost done.

It's worth it, I suppose. I get to walk away with a degree.

Eventually.

Supposedly.

So I returned from Yorkshire on Sunday, and then cracked down for my last batch of writing my dissertation.

I really like it - I'm comparing two Dutch masters, Rembrandt and Rubens, and especially their use of light, and what biographical factors have influenced their work. It's not particularly obvious to compare them, which is why I'm doing it.

I have seen some of their works in real life, and they always stayed with me. They're not so much like photographs, but they are very real and very arty. Plus, both painters have an absolutely magnificent way of painting glossy fabrics, making them look almost tangible. Almost more real than life, really.

What I am really quite sad about is that my photographs are on the external harddrive at my parents', so I'll post some photographs as soon as I can get my hands on that.

I am planning on making a trip across the Channel after term ends to go to Antwerp and Amsterdam to return to see their paintings. I have yet to see the re-opened museum in Amsterdam and I do so want to.

For now, however, back to finishing this term, finishing uni, and getting my degree. Back to the dull, plain reality of my lessons.

UPDATE: ALSO IT IS ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY. And I expect lots of presents, so start buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment