Friday 28 February 2014

German lessons

I was once advised to take up a second language because of job prospects and whatnot.

So I did.

And I took up German.

Biggest mistake of my life, seeing as I'm absolutely certain I look rather dull and greyish after doing it. I'm taking a course in German that's sort of casually offered by the uni so it's not like it takes up a lot of time, and I really only do it whenever I get those emails reminding me of yet another week having passed without me spending any time on it - like I got just now. I wish I'd gone for a more interesting language, like French or Italian, which are such romantic languages - isn't it far nicer to hear 'Je t'aime' or 'Ti amo' than a harsh German 'ich liebe dich'?

But yeah they said German would be good because of prospects, Germany having a stable economy or whatever they argued for.

Come to think of it, it was Jack who said I should take German.

I need to have a word with him about that.

In the meanwhile - Tschüss, liebe Freunde!

No comments:

Post a Comment