Friday 7 March 2014

Crocuses

I can't contain my happiness - I love that it's finally been getting nice out.

I can finally wear my nice new canvas floral pattern shoes out, the ones I bought a few weeks back.

It's been so lovely, what with the sunshine and the being able to go out with only a light coat - I've been so annoyed to have to hide my clothes in big, bulky winter coats. And I've been wearing my nice winter boots so often now people are starting to associate them with me, so it's good to finally have a bit of a change of atmosphere.

There were crocuses out on campus, all blossoming, so I photographed them.



And then Ernest, lovely as he is, offered to take me on a picnic.

It was actually rather a bit chilly out for a picnic, sitting on the grass and all, but we had some lovely cucumber sandwiches and shared a bottle of pinot grigio and looked at the clouds in the powder blue sky. It almost felt like summer.

He's so brilliant, Ernest. I do hope Jack invites him over.

Still figuring out the birthday present - Jack's birthday is next week Friday, so I'm going to have to start considering something seriously now...

No comments:

Post a Comment