Tuesday 29 July 2014

Jack... [part deux]

I honestly haven't the faintest what's going on with Jack.

Seriously.

As I said, he keeps going up to London, staying for days and days – I'm not even sure where he's staying, but that's his business I suppose – only returning occasionally to pick up things or drop stuff off, and whenever he returns he just mopes, sitting around watching bad telly (like bad bad telly), eating bad things, moaning at my lack of cleaning the flat (I've got better things to be doing. Like applying for jobs. Yes. I'm applying for jobs now. Sssssh – don't tell my Dad).

Truth be told, he's acting like a bit of a twat, and I don't like it one bit.

Either stay away or cheer up, Jack, because I'm not liking it like this.

He's also upset that I wrote a few weeks ago that he's in a foul mood because he thinks it makes him come across like a bit of a twit. But I just mean he seems a bit out of sorts. And I'm worried.
Even Prism, our landlady – I don't think I mentioned her before, did I? - is getting fed up with Jack not being here. But then she's a bit weird anyway (fingers crossed she doesn't read stupid blogs). I do hope he's all right.

So yes, I'm applying for jobs again. I've spotted some openings at museums, which may be a nice start.

Mum keeps saying I should consider doing a postgraduate degree, but I don't want to yet. And what in? I'm not particularly keen on doing a Master's in Art History, no matter how much I enjoyed my BA.

It'd be another year in uni, and I don't think I can quite bear that right now.

I've been invited by an old college friend to go up to Cambridge soon for a bit of punting. I may take her up on that offer. I'm just getting really really bored sitting around here doing nothing. There's only so much you can do when you've got all the time in the world, and after a while it just gets boring.

I'm even caught up on all the television series I've been told to watch, which is saying something.

Sigh. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment