Tuesday 24 June 2014

Self-Reflection (sort of)

Mum keeps sending me up to Harrogate to stay with my grandfather and I'm not sure why.

It does mean that I don't get to see Ernest for a few days, which is really annoying. And as much as I like Harrogate, where my grandfather lives the sulphur is quite strong so it takes a bit of adjusting whenever I do so.

I suppose this would be a good time to do some self-reflection. You know, decide what I want to do with my life and all that.

Mum thinks I'm being delusional, but really I'm not. I am perfectly, fully aware of the fact that I have yet to meet Ernest, but one may well wonder why the strictly linear progression of time should stand in the way of a good, dramatic romance. When it actually occurs, it can always be retrospectively altered - I've heard someone say once that your memory changes every time you remember something.

So, I've properly got my BA. Lovely. Art History. Applied for internships, got rejected. No worries, I'll find a job somewhere else. If need be I can do paperwork at my Dad's firm.

I feel a bit lost.

I'd much rather be in Hertfortshire, bother Jack, hang out with my friends and do nice summery things.

Dad's been suggesting doing a postgraduate degree, but I'm not quite up for that yet.

As said, I could embark on a Grand Tour next year. That would be nice.

See a bit of the world.

Let's go and see whether Ernest is up for it. I've found him on Facebook, so let's see whether I can get him to respond. Because honestly Jack, you're not going to keep your mischievous brother from me forever. Just what exactly would be the harm in me meeting him?

No comments:

Post a Comment