Tuesday 10 February 2015

All's Well That Ends Well

I HAVE A BROTHER IN LAW. And I've known him for simply ages.

I'm so excited - I love Jack like a brother, and now he is.

Or should I say, Ernest.

Shame that Al can't be named Ernest then, although he'll always be my earnest suitor.


Also I say brother-in-law, but not really of course. Who gets married so young these days? Al will have to put in his due time courting me, obviously.

Ah yes, and Prism, she needs to end up in a happy ending too, at some point. I hope she and Dr Chasuble find the love they deserve.

And wouldn't you know it - Valentine's Day is coming up, and it has been almost exactly a year since I first started this blog. Slightly over, even, seeing as I put up a Testing-post before starting for real. I said I wanted something to read on the tube and bus, and obviously reading on my phone saves me the hassle of lugging about a physical diary. In that regard, this blog wasn't the worst idea in the world. Plus, I really like going back to read what I've been doing.

It has been almost a year since I daydreamed about Ernest taking me to fancy restaurants and to see fancy operas - and now I have my Ernest, tangibly, even though his name is Al.

How sweet and perfect a year can be.

And so here end my first year as a blogger, more or less. I will have to say my goodbyes, and then Al is taking me on a trip for Valentine's. So romantic - though I wish he wouldn't keep the destination a secret!

So all's well that ends well, and here is where we open that bottle of Belle Epoque and celebrate our joy.

Because every day should be delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment