Tuesday 28 October 2014

Pity us, for we have been deceived

What even is going on?

I feel betrayed.

Ernest, my darling Ernest, is not Ernest - he is Algernon.

I don't even...

And Jack has been telling Gwen that he is called Ernest, too.

Poor Gwen.

To deceive her thus!

We are wounded. To deceive oneself is one thing, and rather inherent to one's personal experience, but to be deceived by another, in bad faith as such this is, show in my opinion a callous disregard for the feelings of the poor wretch on whom love has been inflicted.

For I do think I loved Ernest. And I think I still may love Algernon, even though his name is not Ernest.

But how am I to trust him, if he is perfectly calm lying to me about even the basic element of his identity?

And poor Gwen.

Evil, evil Jack, allowing her to believe that his name was Ernest. I shall have to repeatedly be mad with him for this.

Gwen, I apologise for being snippy with you, and for calling you names behind your back (and in your face), and for implying your vlog is worthless. Be my sister in our times of sorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment