Tuesday 26 August 2014

VLOGS

So this Gwen person has a vlog.

I've done my duty as a citizen of the internet and tried to Google it, but so far alas.

She can't even do that right, make a vlog that doesn't disappear into obscurity. What's the point of broadcasting your thoughts to the world if no one is there to hear them?

Do you even actually express your thoughts in such a situation?

Wikipedia calls a 'video log' a form of 'web television'.

If there is one thing that Gwen is not, it's a person suited for television. She's too gaudy, too out there, too...

I mean, honestly.

There's not even any art in making a vlog - you plonk down a camera somewhere, whinge at it for a bit, then stick it online.

True art lies in composition. Like in paintings or statues or literature. Film is not a true art. I mean, sure, film is nice and all, and can be very pretty and clever, but it's not a proper art like the traditional arts.

She filmed me without my permission and made me seem ridiculous.

What if Ernest sees that?

He won't, no one watches her vlog, I'm sure of it.

Oh Ernest, my Ernest.

Speaking of literature, I still have a fondness for that gorgeous line I came up last Tuesday. “A withering flower, killed by darkness, drops itself, petal by petal, onto the dirt.”. It sound like the opening sentence of a novel, one that I'm sure Ernest would probably read, so I am very very proud of that sentence. It is very pretty. I will write it out in ink and draw a charcoal picture to accompany it. Some time.

I am the one who keeps laughing and smiling whatever happens so I believe that I at least will make a lasting impression as the girl who takes bad things so darn well, regardless of whatever happens. Gwen will not take Ernest away from me.

God, I’m obsessed with him, it is sick. I do love to torture myself, apparently. Ugh.

See, blogs are better than vlogs. Much more space for expressing emotions that I'm sure will be funny to read about in five years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment