Friday 4 April 2014

Jack

I love Jack, I really do. He's my best friend. But sometimes he can be a right... pain.

No. If one has anything unpleasant to say, one should do so quite candidly.

I really wish that Jack was sometimes a little less obnoxious.

I'm sure he has my best interests at heart, I don't doubt that he has. But his continued insistence on me studying German - while really I do think that should be my own choice rather than his, and I do believe I have other things on my mind currently - and his infernal, continuous teasing over Ernest does rather get on my nerves.

Jack does seem to be suffering from a mild form of agricultural depression these days, in the sense that he seems rather fed up with living where we live. True, flora is as common here as people are in the city, and quite a number of people seem to be suffering from this sort of epidemic, being tired of the country, but that really isn't an excuse for how often he seems to be travelling to the city these days.

I hardly ever see him these days and when I do, he spends all his time discussing either work or whatever I've been up to in my time here.

He continuously tells me that I should stop 'obsessing' over Ernest, that Ernest is nothing but a scoundrel and definitely not suited for 'someone like' me and that I'd be sincerely disappointed if I ever found out who Ernest really was.

As if I didn't know my Ernest. And how could I not love a man whose name is Ernest? Doing so has always been a sort of girlish dream of mine, and I do think Jack should be more sympathetic to this.

On that note, I do have my suspicions why he seems to be in the city so often - but I shan't divulge my suspicions until they are more certain. Rumours do have a habit of ending up at me, so I'm confident I'll find some form of confirmation sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment